Why use dry (and let's face it, occasionally boring) test prep material when you can have students engaged in their reading by learning historical information at the same time? According to research, using informational text has a powerful effect on student learning and comprehension. When teachers include informational text in the classroom, they also expand opportunities for home-school connections that support literacy (Duke & Purcell-Gates, 2003). Furthermore, when you read informational text, you do so for an authentic purpose—to obtain information that you want or need to know (Purcell-Gates, Duke, Hall, & Tower, 2002). Our Social Studies Themed Informational Text ELA Test Prep Bundle does just that and is perfect for Close Reading strategies, individual test prep practice, small group work, tutoring, vacation packet practice, and more! As a bonus, our Student Test Prep Checklist for student reference is also included!
As an added bonus, our bundle also requires absolutely NO PREPARATION and includes our Annotation Assistant with teacher notes, graphic organizers, and student bookmark assistant to help students annotate and take notes.
Our Informational Text Test Prep Bundle includes:
• Christopher Columbus Informational Text ELA Test Prep Passage
• The Iroquois Confederacy ELA Test Prep Informational Text
• The Story of The Pilgrims Informational Text ELA Test Prep Passage
• Symbols of America Informational Text ELA Test Prep Passage: A National Bird Is Chosen
• Canada: America's North American Neighbor ELA Test Prep Informational Text
• Nigeria: The Legend From Lagos ELA Test Prep Informational Text
• Cinco de May: The 5th of May ELA Test Prep Informational Text (Presented in both English and Spanish!)
• The Brooklyn Bridge: The Bridge That Refused to Quit ELA Test Prep Informational Text
• Colonial America: A Difficult Decision ELA Test Prep Informational Text
• The First Female Pharaoh ELA Informational Reading Test Prep Passage
• Angel Island: The Ellis Island of the West ELA Informational Reading Test Prep Passage
Test Prep, Cross-Curricular, and Common Core aligned. 96 pages.
Answer Key included.